Last updated October 2021
2. Information We Collect
Clients, attorneys, and other users make up users we serve. We may collect some limited information from these individuals or entities through the following channels:
- We ask for voluntary information from potential clients on our Intake Forms, Contact Us Forms, and similar forms.
- We collect information from clients throughout the process of providing legal services. In the event any such information is transmitted through the Site, such information is subject to the applicable attorney-client privileges and work product protection privileges under state and federal law, provided that an attorney-client relationship has been established.
- We maintain a helpdesk function for addressing any questions, comments or concerns about the Site. We may access users’ e-mail address and any other information they elect to provide as part of responding to such inquiries. This information is only utilized for support, is stored only for recordkeeping and analytics purposes, and is not otherwise shared.
- We may from time to time collect automatically-collected information when you access our Site (“Usage Data”), such as browser information, link interaction with our products, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking tools. We may also, if and when you enable location-based services, collect Global Positioning System (GPS) location data and/or motion data.
3. Information Disclosure
We limit any sharing of information we have collected about you to certain narrow purposes. Your information may be shared for the following reasons only:
TO COMPLY WITH LAWS OR TO PROTECT RIGHTS OF USERS
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to a legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TO ASSIST THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. Note that we work with a third-party service, LawPay, for collecting payment from clients, and we do not collect or store payment information.
TO PERFORM ANALYSIS AND MARKETING STRATEGIES WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
TO TRANSFER ASSETS IN THE EVENT OF SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
TO UTILIZE API INTEGRATION WITH SOCIAL MEDIA PROVIDERS
4. Our Stance on Contact with You
We may from time to time contact you to remind you about something related to the Site or to inform you of other great services we have in the works through “push notifications” or similar means. If you do not wish to receive notifications, you will be provided an “opt-out” option.
We may also contact users in other ways such as e-mail with promotional materials or newsletters. You will be provided an “opt-out” option if you do not wish to take advantage of these communications.
5. How We Keep Your Personal Information Safe
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide us your information.
6. Location of Servers
7. Your Rights with Regard to Information We Collect about You
You have the following rights with regard to information about you:
- The right of access (you can request us to provide you verbally or in writing with the type of information we store about you and we have up to one month to respond to your request).
- The right to rectify any Personally Identifiable Information that is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure (some conditions apply, see Section Data Retention Section, below).
- The right to restrict processing of your Personally Identifiable Information, however, if you restrict us from processing a part of your Personally Identifiable Information that is essential to our provision of services, you may be limited or prevented from receiving such services.
- The right to data portability; which allows users of our Site to obtain and reuse their Personally Identifiable Information for their own purposes as they see fit, including across different other services; you may request us to transmit your Personally Identifiable Information directly from our servers to another company’s servers and we will do so, where it is technically feasible.
- The right to object; you may express your objection verbally or in writing and we have up to one month to respond to any such objection; we might may still continue processing your Personally Identifiable Information if we are able to show that we have a compelling reason for doing so.
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or that affects you significantly.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights or have any questions about your rights, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Retention Policy
Your Personally Identifiable Information will be erased when: (i) it is no longer needed for its original processing purpose; (ii) you withdraw your consent for us to store your information; (iii) there is no justified reason for the processing of your Personally Identifiable Information and you object to our processing of your Personally Identifiable Information; or (iv) erasure of your Personally Identifiable Information is required in order to fulfill a statutory obligation under the EU, US, or state law or the right of the EU Member States. Under any of the above-mentioned circumstances, we will make sure your Personally Identifiable Information is erased. You may request us to erase your Personally Identifiable Information verbally or in writing and we have up to one month to respond to any such request.
9. Policy Regarding Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. If you become aware of any data that we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
10. General Compliance with Laws
11. Contact Us
For questions or concerns related to privacy, we can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com, or by mail sent to:
Vasseghi Budd PLLC
9663-A Main Street
Fairfax, Virginia 22031