James “Jimmy” Bierman, Jr.
Jimmy focuses his practice on civil litigation, investigations, and strategic counseling. Jimmy joined Vasseghi Budd Law as counsel after working in the Office of the General Counsel at the Department of Homeland Security and at several large law firms. Jimmy brings a wealth of litigation and counseling experience to our firm, having litigated cases in federal and state court and before administrative bodies, and having advised nonprofits, small and large companies, and a major government agency. Jimmy’s experience has taught him that good lawyering is fundamentally about problem-solving, and that often the best litigation strategies are those that avoid litigation entirely.
After graduating from Stanford Law School, Jimmy clerked for the Honorable Beverly B. Martin of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Jimmy is active in the Fairfax County community, having served on several county boards and commissions and is the immediate past chair of the Fairfax County Police Civilian Review Panel.
- Stanford Law School, JD, 2012
- Williams College, BA, History, Magna Cum Laude 2008
- Admitted to practice law in Virginia and the District of Columbia
- Represent individuals and businesses in contract disputes.
- Advise companies and agencies in litigation risk management.
- Conduct workplace grievance investigations.
- Represent companies in intellectual property disputes.
- Immediate past chair, Fairfax County Police Civilian Review Panel.