Kellie Budd focuses her practice on corporate transactions, civil litigation and employment law. Kellie has extensive experience assisting start-ups, small and medium size businesses at various growth stages. She partners with her clients to review and compose contracts and governing documents in a timely and efficient manner. Kellie further advises businesses as either sellers or buyers in acquisition, merger and disposition transactions and represents individuals in negotiating employment agreements, non-competes, and separation agreements.
In her litigation practice, Kellie has represented numerous individuals and companies in diverse litigation matters in State and Federal Court, Bankruptcy Court, before the Virginia Supreme Court and in various administrative hearings at the County and State level.
In her employment practice, Kellie represents employees in the private and federal sector in sexual harassment, discrimination, wrongful discharge and retaliation cases.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Missouri-Columbia, B.A.
- Admitted to practice law in Virginia
- Presenter, “Choose Your Own Adventure: Navigating Election of Remedies in the Federal Sector,” Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia, November, 2021
- Virginia Lawyer’s Weekly 2021 Class of Influential Women in Law
- GWAC Trailblazer Award (GWAC 2020)
- Presenter at 2016 SHRM Legal Academy
- Successfully defended a small business contractor in a multi-million dollar dispute
- Successfully defended an employee against a former employer suing to enforce a non-compete provision
- Obtained dismissal of claims against a school administrator for wrongful termination
- Represented homeowners against HOAs
- Resolved partnership and shareholder disputes
- Fairfax Bar Association Board of Directors, former Judicial Screening Committee Chair
- Former President of the Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia Board of Directors
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia